Location: Rotherwas, Hereford.
This is a permanent role requiring an immediate start although we are will to await the availability of the preferred applicant and will also consider part time working if necessary.
The successful candidate will work closely with the company directors across all aspects of the business. The scope of the role will encompass everything from the undertaking of routine administration to accounting tasks, monthly invoicing and assisting the company accountants with the year-end returns and assisting with our ISO 9001 accreditation etc.
The role demands a high level of accuracy, professionalism and confidentiality and whilst previous experience of working with a dedicated computerised office administration system would be advantageous it is not an essential requirement.
Key qualities for this role are:
- Computer skills are essential (MS Office proficient)
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good organisation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player
- A pro-active and hands-on attitude
- Willingness to succeed
- Calm and methodical
The role as advertised is not prescriptive. We are a company that seeks to evolve the position in line with the ability and ambitions of the individual, together with the changing needs of the company.
Certain key duties (not necessarily an exhaustive list) are as follows:
HR & Accounts
- Monthly/year end payroll (incl. PAYE/NIC payments and refunds, auto enrolment pension contributions, journal entries, tax code updates, student loans etc.)
- Managing dividends/journals etc.
- Directors personal tax
- Directors loan accounts
- Bank reconciliation
- Productions of cash flow documents
- Invoicing including debtor control and invoice statement.
- Sales analysis
- Creditors (suppliers invoices and payments)
- Managing direct debits and standing orders
- Quarterly VAT returns
- RBS SIPP accounts – expenditure/income
- Work in progress – year end
- Quarterly VAT for SIPP
- Rental invoices
- Motor Vehicles (finance, MOT, tax, P46 car)
- Report to Office for national statistics
- SIPP Building insurance – re-invoicing to tenant
- Christmas meal and general office events.
- Insurances – Obtaining quotations and administering policies/queries for Professional indemnity, vehicles, employers’ liability, public liability, contents insurance etc.
- Administering telephone contracts.
- HR and personnel records.
- Web and social media.
- Office admin system
Apply by email enclosing CV & salary requirements (Closing Date 12th September 2020):