Location: Rotherwas, Hereford.
Conscientious, flexible and motivated individual with a proven track record in administration, finance and office management. Outstanding interpersonal, organisational and IT skills.
Please send a CV and covering letter to
We are an established firm of Architects and Surveyors working in various sectors of the construction industry and are recruiting for the position of office/finance manager.
This is a permanent role requiring an immediate start although we are will to await the availability of the preferred applicant and will also consider part time working if necessary.
The successful candidate will work closely with the company directors across all aspects of the business. The scope of the role will encompass everything from the undertaking of routine administration to accounting tasks, monthly invoicing and assisting the company accountants with the year-end returns and assisting with our ISO 9001 accreditation etc.
The role demands a high level of accuracy, professionalism and confidentiality and whilst previous experience of working with a dedicated computerised office administration system would be advantageous it is not an essential requirement.
Key qualities for this role are:
Computer skills are essential (MS Office proficient)
Excellent telephone manner
Ability to prioritise workload
Good organisation skills
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work independently as well as a team player
A pro-active and hands-on attitude
Willingness to succeed
Calm and methodical
The role as advertised is not prescriptive. We are a company that seeks to evolve the position in line with the ability and ambitions of the individual, together with the changing needs of the company.
Certain key duties (not necessarily an exhaustive list) are as follows:
HR & Accounts
1. Monthly/year end payroll (incl. PAYE/NIC payments and refunds, auto enrolment pension contributions, journal entries, tax code updates, student loans etc.)
2. Managing dividends/journals etc.
3. Directors personal tax
4. Directors loan accounts
5. Bank reconciliation
6. Productions of cash flow documents
7. Invoicing including debtor control and invoice statement.
8. Sales analysis
9. Creditors (suppliers invoices and payments)
11. Managing direct debits and standing orders
12. Quarterly VAT returns
13. RBS SIPP accounts – expenditure/income
14. Work in progress – year end
15. Quarterly VAT for SIPP
16. Rental invoices
17. Motor Vehicles (finance, MOT, tax, P46 car)
18. Report to Office for national statistics
19. SIPP Building insurance – re-invoicing to tenant
20. Christmas meal and general office events.
21. Insurances – Obtaining quotations and administering policies/queries for Professional indemnity, vehicles, employers’ liability, public liability, contents insurance etc.
22. Administering telephone contracts.
23. HR and personnel records.
24. Web and social media.
25. Office admin system