Much of the Practice’s work involves the repair and creative reuse of traditional and historic buildings offering specialist independent advice on sustainable conservation. We also care for over 250 churches across several Diocese.
Whether you are a heritage body, local authority, planner, developer, contractor or homeowner we can offer pragmatic professional advice on all your historic building needs. From clients managing large-scale sites to private clients who have purchased a traditional property for the first time we can guide you through the process of repair and maintenance, sustainable retrofit, change of use and extension.
The scope of projects undertaken range from simple cottages to Grade I listed country houses.
The Practice is regularly consulted to advise on the conversion of redundant traditional buildings, such as barns for residential and other uses.
Hook Mason is also responsible for the care of over 250 Churches within six separate Diocese throughout the west of England and Wales.
What we do:
- Advise on procurement, specification & application of traditional & sustainable construction
- Conservation Management Plans
- Historic Building Analysis & Research
- Materials analysis & defects
- Condition & repair surveys
- Statements of Significance & Heritage Impact Assessments
- Planning & Listed building legislation